Tyre Nichols’ autopsy reveals he died from blunt force trauma to the head

Thursday’s report unveiled the autopsy findings, which indicated that 29-year-old motorist Tyre Nichols died as a result of being brutally beaten by Memphis Police officers, leading to blunt force trauma to the head.

Attorney Ben Crump stated that homicide was the cause of death, and according to the attorneys, the autopsy report resembled an independent one carried out in January. On Wednesday, nearly four months after Nichols’ passing, his family examined the autopsy report, which indicated that Nichols experienced significant bleeding.

Tyre Nichols, who had a passion for photography and was described by friends as joyful and lovable, was just minutes from his home in Memphis, Tenn., on Jan. 7, 2023, when he was pulled over by police and fatally beaten.

The study was conducted by Dr. Laura Bagwell and Dr. Marco Ross at the West Tennessee Regional Forensic Center.

Nicholas suffered blunt force injuries to his head, causing his brain to hemorrhage inside his skull.

Furthermore, he had numerous bruises and lacerations all over his body.

“After being admitted to the hospital for three days, brain death was declared and he passed away.” He experienced sudden kidney damage, widespread blood clotting, and failure of the liver. He continued to show no response while on the ventilator. “Later on, he lost consciousness…The deceased individual was a 29-year-old male who was repeatedly hit during an encounter with law enforcement,” stated the report summary.

The supervisor, Smith, said that there was no evidence to prove the scene had been seen by those records. Records from the administrative hearing show that Wells, RowVaughn’s mother, told Smith that her son was arrested for driving under the influence. Administrative hearing records were used to decertify Lt. Dewayne Smith, who was a police officer in Memphis, Tennessee.

Below the legal limit in Tennessee, the autopsy reports show that Nichols had a blood-alcohol level of .049%. The Toxicology reports also indicate a trace amount of marijuana in his system.

‘SACRIFICED FOR THE GREATER GOOD’: The passing of Tyre Nichols in Memphis.

We are once again stunned to see the “Thursday afternoon statement written in a by said family Nichols’ Tyre for attorneys Romanucci Antonio and Crump Ben,” as the medical examiner’s words reveal the brutal beating that this young man suffered. The official autopsy results highlight the utter brutality of the deadly beating that Tyre endured, sparing him no part of his body. The injuries he sustained, from the extremities and torso to his neck and head, were a result of the blunt force inflicted by the Memphis police officers.

Nichols was accused of committing a crime, but there was no evidence to support this claim. Memphis Police Chief Cerelyn “C.J.” Davis initially stated that Nichols was pulled over for reckless driving, but there was no evidence to suggest that Nichols had committed any crime.

Officer Nichols from Unit SCORPION, the third officer to arrive, was being pulled to the ground as he arrived, holding onto his legs. During the initial stop, two officers from MPD’s Unit SCORPION, which stands for Operation Crimes Street to Restore Peace in our neighborhoods, dragged him to the ground and pulled him from his car.

After officers shouted contradictory orders at him, Nichols quickly leapt to his feet and started to flee. At that moment, former-Officer Preston discharged his taser, aiming it at Nichols. Finally, after some time had passed.

Photos by Tyre Nichols along with a sign stating “justice for Tyre” are displayed outside of Memphis City Hall during a rally in support of police reform and to call for the ordinance drafted by Allan Wade, the attorney who represents Memphis City Council, to not be passed in Memphis, Tenn., on Monday, April 10, 2023.

When officers dragged his bleeding and bruised body across the pavement, he leaned against an unmarked police car. Officers proceeded to hit Nichols with a baton, spray him with pepper spray, and kick and punch him. An officer caught up to him about 1,000 yards from his mother’s home. Nichols kept running towards his mother’s home, with officers in pursuit.

After 20 minutes, officers gathered around the area as Nichols slouched over in the car. When the emergency medical technicians arrived, they didn’t seem to give much attention to Nichols. Eventually, he was taken to St. Francis Hospital via ambulance in a critical condition. Unfortunately, he passed away three days later.