Update: Kidnapping survivor LaTavia Washington McGee arrested for taking daughter to fight girl

LaTavia “Tay” Washington McGee, 34, was apprehended in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina on April 14 for being accused of aiding a minor in engaging in delinquent behavior.

According to the police, a mother of six took her minor daughter to another girl’s fight at an apartment complex on Block 1300 of Street Spivey.

According to a police report obtained by WMBF-TV, authorities responded to a disturbance complaint at a residential complex on Spivey Street.

The child departed from the vicinity with another family member, but she came back accompanied by McGee and McGee’s mother.

“The females involved in the previous altercation had come back accompanied by their maternal figure and grandmother,” law enforcement officials reported, according to the testimony provided by an adult male casualty and an observer.

The male witness reportedly informed the officers that he tried to stop the fighting between the girls when he saw his grandmother being hit in the face and her shirt grabbed.

“And started waving it around,” the girl’s mother then pulled a “small black pistol” from her purse, the man told the officers.

In a cream-colored Lexus SUV, the mother, grandmother, and girl left, as the witness couldn’t describe them, saying “everything happened so fast.”

Authorities monitored the recorded video of the entire incident and later identified the two women as McGee and her 56-year-old mother.

McGee was apprehended on Friday and accused of aiding and abetting a minor in criminal behavior.

She was released on Sunday with a $10,000 bond.

In the beginning of March, McGee, Eric Williams, Zindell Brown, and McGee’s relative Shaeed Woodard were kidnapped by drug syndicate members while heading towards a tummy reduction surgery session for McGee in the Mexican border city of Matamoros.

Woodard and Brown, who were apparently mistaken by Haitian drug traffickers for members of the cartel, made a wrong turn on their way to the clinic and were killed by friends of the Gulf cartel.

Subsequently, after 4 days had elapsed, McGee and Williams were successfully rescued from a compact storage unit by the Mexican authorities, causing the kidnappers to become aware of their mistake. The video recording of their aggressive kidnapping quickly spread across various social networking platforms.

He was apprehended and captured, yet he tried to flee through a rear exit. In a state of desperation, Williams and Washington McGee loudly yelled in English to them as the authorities arrived.

The leader of the cartel expressed remorse in a letter written by hand and handed over the abductors to the Mexican authorities.